I spent a lot of time picking the fabrics for this block. I didn't have two matching layer cake squares for the background, so I had to go with coordinated fabrics. I used scraps as much as I could. That's kind of what got me into trouble. I had laid out all my fabrics, figured out my colour scheme and started cutting. One of my scraps I had miscalculated. I couldn't find an appropriate substitute that worked with all the other colours and I wasn't going back to re-pick fabrics. I just took another matching scrap and sewed it to get the appropriate length. So there is an extra seam in the block. My OCD for colour and print overrode my OCD for extra seams.
I think it turned out well. Since there isn't a real background fabric, it looks a little busy. There are only two blocks left. That is crazy! It seemed like May was so far away when I started. Now it is upon us. I can't wait to see what the final layout is going to be.