Friday, March 4, 2011

The bunny, the bunny, I love the bunny

If you are familiar with Veggie Tales, you would recognize The Bunny Song from Rack, Shack and Benny. I hope it is stuck in your head, because it is stuck in mine.

I got sucked into the FabShop Hop. I saw it on The Fabric Shack website and registered, but never actually went looking for the bunny. Simple concept- look for the bunny button at different online shops, click on it and be registered to win prizes. In addition, they include blocks for a quilt. The blocks are usually themed with the season. They send out an email at the beginning of the month to say what the theme is. This month was star blocks. I love the look of traditional quilts and I thought the star block sampler would be a good one. Those FabShop Hop people are sneaky. They reel you in. I found the first couple blocks fairly easy, but then I had to spend a couple hours trying to find the rest. Some stores have hints, but some don't. I just did the ones that had hints. I did discover all sorts of new online stores though. One had beautiful ombres. I will return to that one.

Hobby Lobby had a bolt of Canary Kona in their clearance bin, my Kona card was ordered and everything came together. It is going to be a solid quilt with yellow stars and gray backgrounds. I already have a name for it- 'Sunshine on a Cloudy Day'. Hopefully it is done before the month of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment