Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fabric purchases

It isn't a lot because I held off and didn't go overboard, but here it is.



This is the spun silk. I wanted the colours to be coordinated which took a lot of discussion. I also wanted it to be super bright because I felt that is reflective of India. We love bright colours. We don't know the term 'muted'. I got a meter a piece, which is a smidgen over a yard (1 1/8th). This was the same fabric my sister purchased for her napkins, so I get additional colours in about a half a yard.


These were impulse buys. I just liked the colours. The blue is actually more purple in person and the red has an orange cast to it. The gray is wonderful. That is my favourite out of the lot. I guess the gray contradicts my earlier statement about muted colours. It is absolutely gorgeous. I got two meters each of this. No idea what I am going to use it for. My sister suggested an Americana quilt for the blue and red.



This was another impulse buy. I bought the end of the bolt. I got 1 1/4 meter for the price of 1 meter. It is zari fabric. Zari is usually on the borders of saris and can be gold and silver. The value of the sari goes by depending on the amount of zari and the material used. This is just some form of synthetic zari. Gold on a cream background. They had other colours for the background, but they were a bit too ostentatious. I didn't know it at the time, but it goes perfectly with the gray.

Oh, I forgot to take a picture of my sari. Oh well. I got a navy blue sari. It is pretty. I am going to cut it up.

1 comment: