Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fabric ordered

I ordered the fabric for the Cherry House Quilts Quilt Along. With the weather though, it is going to take a while to get from Ohio to Iowa. That's OK, because all I have to do is cut before next Monday. Still don't have my Kona colour card, but a kind participant listed all the golds for me on the Flickr discussion board. Quilters are so nice!

I ordered Cheddar, Corn Yellow, Daffodil, Ochre and Sunflower. I wonder if they will come labeled. One lady in the Flickr group suggested making one's own colour card. Just snipping a bit and accumulating colours along the way. The one thing that I loved the most was the price. For the quilt top and binding, it was only $11.69. Got to love Kona Cotton.

Continuing on about Kona Cottons, there was a fabric swap last month. You sent in 12 Kona Cotton fat quarters and you were sent back 12 Kona Cotton fat quarters. The kicker though was you had to pay a handling fee of $6. I was a bit appalled. That was in addition to including a postage paid envelope to have your 12 fat quarters mailed to you. I know it is work to sort through everything, get things mailed out, etc., but I still thought it was a bit much.

This has been a bit of a rambling post. I apologize. It has been a long day already and my thoughts are scattered.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered mine last week, end of the week, and am still waiting on it as well. I'm hoping the weather doesn't delay it too much, I'm anxious to get started!

    ReplyDelete