Sunday, February 13, 2011

If done correctly

If done correctly, you can mis-measure. It happened again. I had a scrap piece that wasn't large enough for Block 8 of the Layer Cake Quilt Along. I needed a 5 inch square, but the strip was only a smidge over 4 1/2 inches wide. I decided to eek it out again. This time I was intentional in my sewing and figured out exactly where I should sew to make it a 4 1/2 inch block. I was right on the edge and I did have to use some fusible web to reinforce, but how awesome am I with my measurements?!

Since the block had two options for arrangements, I did my usual preview.



I went with the first arrangement. I thought it showcased the large floral better. I really like how this block turned out. I am also glad I got to incorporate a couple colours that haven't seen much time in the previous blocks.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I love that soft yellow polka dot fabric, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My motto is, if you cut it wrong, make the block smaller! This turned out great.
    http://textilediva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete