Friday, April 1, 2011

Finally all cut

It took me forever to get the strips cut up for the Rural Jardin/Split Decisions quilt. I don't know what held me back. Technically I could have stacked the strips and made fewer cuts, but I didn't cut my cutting skills that much. Jelly roll strips with their pinked edges are a bit squirmy in my opinion. I am a bit compulsive with co-ordinating my fabrics and I overthink things. I had to match up lights and darks and I knew I would agonize over the choices. So I took the scientific approach. I assigned numbers to each pile, randomized numbers 1 through 18, 19 through 36 and matched them up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I´m really excited about this one. Me too, I want to start a Split Decisions Quilt with Moda Whimsy fabrics.
    Greetings
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete