Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goal update- August

I was looking at the goal updates and there is no July. That is reflective of my sewing and blogging this summer. I haven't done much. The weather will turn in a few weeks which will lend to more sewing time. Work has slowed down and in the last week I have been able to knock out a quilt top. I am going through my stash and planning out the next couple projects. I need to clean things out. Tastes change and I have fabric from a year ago that I am not interested in anymore. I also need to start the sewing circle again. It is fun to sew and gossip.

3. Piece Flag Day Farm quilt Well, I have till next spring.

7. Continue with Layer Cake Quilt Along Backing fabric needs to come on sale.

8. Start and finish Split Decision quilt The problem is the layout. I can't seem to make it work. I need to figure it out.

9. Start and finish Christmas quilt I think I'm turning it into a tree skirt.

10. Fig and Plum layer cake something quilt While it took forever to finish, it ended OK.

11. Skinny Strips Quilt using Prayer Flag jelly roll Haven't started it yet.

12. Fresh Cottons jelly roll something Same thing as the the Prayer Flag quilt. Backing fabric ordered and arrived. $4 a yard.

14. Star Sampler quilt Dropped. 

15. Batik quilt This is the strangest thing. It is on my sewing machine. I switched sewing machines because I just didn't want to finish it. I don't know what it is. I have the border fabric and the blocks are cut. I just need to sew them together. Just don't want to.

16. String quilt Need to work on a few more blocks.

17. Stash busting Nothing major added, but haven't really cleaned out. I keep adding on for projects- like backing fabric or background fabric.

18. Yo Yo strips quilt I went through all my fat quarters and kind of stopped. It is a fun way to pass the time while watching TV.
 
19. Fat Quarter Shop Block of the Month I am three months behind, but I LOVE the fabric and the blocks.
 
20. Moose on the Porch Quilt Along I need to pick my fabric. Most participating are stash busting. I think I may go with something that isn't me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment