Thursday, December 20, 2012

Good thing I prepared

I am blessed to have electricity, heat and internet right now. There are homes around town right now who are out. I also don't have to be at work. 

I woke up to this.

We got a foot of snow overnight and this afternoon we have high winds to create blizzard conditions. We even got thundersnow last night. I am glad to be home. My door decoration flew off. I will need to retrieve it after things have died down. 


I knew the storm was coming so I stocked up. Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations was doing the same thing. I got to meet here this weekend. I was up in Decorah for a wedding and stopped at the LQS. I thought I recognized her, but to be sure I kept staring. I am pretty sure they noticed my staring. I mentioned to my friend that it was a blogger, but wasn't sure if I should say something. Well I did and I'm glad I did. It was nice to meet her in person after reading so much on her blog. 

I have today to work on my cross stitch. I won't make it for Christmas but that is ok because season 3 starts on January 6th. I HAVE to have it done by then.Yes, I know I sing that song a lot. 


My plan is for 2013 to be the year of 'not buying and finishing'. I am little burned out on quilting. Over stimulated and burned out. Does that make sense. It seems like I see something and everybody has it and I want it. It is also an expensive hobby. I'm going back to my general crafting and cross stitch roots. I signed up for The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery 2013 Sampler. I lurked last year on flickr so this time I decided to join. It is on sale right now so check it out.


The fabric they suggested was tea dyed linen. I do not like linen; I am sticking with aida. I picked oatmeal because it was the darkest before beige. Beige seemed a bit too dark and flat. I hope the light colours show up. From looking at the picture it should be ok. 

OK, off to cross stitch. May have an update later tonight.


6 comments:

  1. amen to the quilting! I agree with you on it. cross stitch will be a good change. am willing to take it home to have it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun snow day! we got about 6 inches, but its drifting pretty bad out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure enjoyed reading and seeing pictures of your weather. I don't miss it one little bit! It's cool here, but so nice to be able to get out without concern for snow and ice. I think we'll stay. :-) I'll miss seeing posts about quilting, but enjoy your ccs. Have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its good to know when the snow storms are-a-comin, that way you can plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will keep quilting! I feel like I am on data overload sometimes too, which is why I am going to be destashing and condensing. I hope to keep my work streamlined and will be focusing on finishes this year too. I looked at the stitchery for this year too but can't decide if I want to play along or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I had added your blog to my RSS feed, but apparently not. I will fix that. I didn't know that Downton Abbey was starting again today!! I got hooked on that and Sherlock last year, both great to watch while stitching.

    ReplyDelete