Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'm a seamstress


Project Runway here I come! OK, maybe not, but I made my first article of clothing. I made the Audrey Wrap Skirt by Fig Tree. I love my skirt. I have worn it several times already. I finally had pictures taken today. I used Cotton Blossoms by Bonnie and Camille. I wasn't sure about sewing a skirt, so I picked fabric off the clearance rack. I like the fabric and the skirt is completely my style.

Using good quality quilting fabric made the skirt really heavy. If you look closely at the pictures you can see it falls a bit stiff. I did pre-wash my fabric and I have thrown it in the wash a couple times. The fabric is sturdy. I guess I have never paid attention to the fabric in my quilts once washed because it gets all wrinkly with the quilting, the batting, etc.. I am going to make another version with some fabrics I saw at Joann's. It seems a little lighter weight and may give the skirt more flow.

So here are pictures of both sides.


1 comment: